Mansfield Children's Center
"Where Children Thrive"
What does it mean to be explorative? Looking, touching, moving, questioning, problem solving – preschoolers have the tools and skills to explore and discover things about themselves, their environment, and others. As preschoolers develop a greater awareness of others and their thoughts, social play begins to emerge.
Our curriculum and environment not only introduces our preschoolers to new skills, but also supports them in gaining a level of proficiency that builds confidence. Through large group, small group, and individual activities, our teachers support the individual needs of each child by further challenging areas of strengths and scaffolding areas of growth.
The Preschool Program serves children beginning at the age of 2.9 years from 6:30am to 5:30pm. See our preschoolers’ daily schedule and explore each of our curriculum areas.
What can preschoolers, parents, and teachers expect from the Preschool Program?
• Exposure to a wide variety of developmentally appropriate and challenging activities.
• A clear, consistent set of expectations within a predictable, yet flexible, routine.
• Guided experiences interacting with peers.
• A sense of pride in learning new skills that leads to greater independence.
• A clear picture of what MCC values and how we teach your child.
• Daily communication about your child’s activities and learning.
• A profile of the skills your child is developing.
• A trusting connection with MCC staff and opportunities to participate in your child’s educational experience.
• A trusting connection with each child and satisfaction in seeing him/her progress and grow.
• A profile of each child’s interests and a clear set of teaching objectives for each child.
• A structured, yet flexible, schedule that supports both the individual child’s and the group’s daily needs.
• Curriculum activities and mentoring support which allow teachers to provide children with continuity in their learning
experiences and which encourage teachers to help develop novel activities.
1100 School St.
Mansfield, MA 02048