Mansfield Children's Center
"Where Children Thrive"
What does it mean to be a contributor? Increasingly driven to be independent, our pre-kindergarteners are learning to cooperate, problem solve, and take on responsibilities as a member of their group.
Building on the base of knowledge learned during the preschool years, our pre-kindergarteners’ skills become enriched as our teachers support them in making connections between what they know and what they are learning. Through games, stories, experimental observations, and self-guided learning, our teachers challenge our pre-kindergarteners physical and cognitive abilities in engaging hands on lessons.
The Pre-Kindergarten Program serves children 4 to 5 years of age from 6:30am to 5:30pm. See our pre-kindergarteners’ daily schedule and further explore each of our curriculum areas.
What can pre-kindergarteners, parents, and teachers expect from the Pre-Kindergarten Program?
• Exposure to a wide variety of developmentally appropriate and challenging activities.
• A clear, consistent set of expectations within a predictable, yet flexible, routine.
• Increased cooperative and self-regulation skills.
• A sense of pride in learning new skills that leads to greater independence.
• A clear picture of what MCC values and how we teach your child.
• Daily communication about your child’s activities and learning.
• A profile of the skills your child is developing.
• A trusting connection with MCC staff and opportunities to participate in your child’s educational experience.
• A trusting connection with each child and satisfaction in seeing him/her progress and grow.
• A profile of each child’s interests and a clear set of teaching objectives for each child.
• A structured, yet flexible, schedule that supports both the individual child’s and the group’s daily needs.
• Curriculum activities and mentoring support which allow teachers to provide children with continuity in their learning experiences
and which encourage teachers to help develop novel activities.
1100 School St.
Mansfield, MA 02048