Mansfield Children's Center
"Where Children Thrive"
The Morning Pre-Kindergarten Program serves children 4 to 5 years of age from 9:00am to 12:00pm Monday through Friday.
Building on the base of knowledge learned during the preschool years, our pre-kindergarteners’ skills become enriched as our teachers support them in making connections between what they know and what they are learning. Through games, stories, experimental observations, and self-guided learning, our teachers challenge our pre-kindergarteners’ cognitive and social abilities in engaging hands-on lessons.
Our teachers track our children’s progress within the domains of natural science, social-emotional, literacy, mathematics, artistic, and physical development through evidence-based portfolios received by the parents at the end of the year. Home activities are given to reinforce and expand on classroom lessons and support the parents’ role in their child’s academic experience. Throughout the year our parents are invited to attend performances and participate in events focused on specific skills being learned.
Our intimate personalized program set within our large school with access to all our resources provides a wonderfully balanced experience to prepare children for kindergarten.
See our Morning Pre-Kindergarteners’ daily schedule and further explore each of our curriculum areas.
Call to schedule a tour and visit our program in session!
What can pre-kindergarteners, parents, and teachers expect from the Pre-Kindergarten Program?
• Exposure to a wide variety of developmentally appropriate and challenging activities.
• A clear, consistent set of expectations within a predictable, yet flexible, routine.
• Increased cooperative and self-regulation skills.
• A sense of pride in learning new skills that leads to greater independence.
• A clear picture of what MCC values and how we teach your child.
• Daily communication about your child’s activities and learning.
• A profile of the skills your child is developing.
• A trusting connection with MCC staff and opportunities to participate in your child’s educational experience.
• A trusting connection with each child and satisfaction in seeing him/her progress and grow.
• A profile of each child’s interests and a clear set of teaching objectives for each child.
• A structured, yet flexible, schedule that supports both the individual child’s and the group’s daily needs.
• Curriculum activities and mentoring support which allow teachers to provide children with continuity in their learning
experiences and which encourage teachers to help develop novel activities.
1100 School St.
Mansfield, MA 02048